Rules & Regulations
- Courteous behaviour is expected on the part of the students.
- Students are required to observe discipline at all times in the campus. They are not supposed to make any noise while moving from one class room to another.
- Students must be punctual to each class.
- Students will have to pay for breakage or losses in the laboratories and workshops.
- Students should equip themselves with approved instrument boxes, text books, record notes and sheets, field books and note books which can be purchased from the Students Stores. They may engrave their initials on the Instrument box to assist in identification in case of loss or theft.
- Students are forbideen from taking part in political agitations, strikes and demonstrations either inside or outside the premises of the college and hostels
- Ragging in any form is strictly forbidden within or outside the college and hostel premises
- Scribbling on the walls and desks, pasting notices or doing any other kind of damage to the college property is strictly prohibited. Students responsible for any such wanton damage will be severely penalized.
- Students are expected to look at the notice board everyday. No notice can been put up on the notice board without the initials of the Principal.
- As per the directions received from the Registrar, Anna University, the students are directed to follow the instructions given below for maintaining a conducive atmosphere in the campus.
- Cell phones should not be used inside the college campus and hostels.
- Internet should be used only for academic purposes.
- The dress code for male students is formal shirt and full pants and salwar kameez/chudidhar with dhupatta / saree for girl students.
- Cultural programmes based on ethics and values alone should be conducted inside the campus.
- The attendance particulars of students will be put up on Attendance : the notice board. Only such of those students who secure 75% attendance shall be allowed to sit for the university theory / practical examinations. Attendance for college examinations is compulsory and absence will be excused only on valid grounds.
- The certificate enabling the student to sit for the university examination will not be granted unless the student has obtained the necessary attendance for the year and satisfies the Principal as to his/her conduct and progress judged by the college faculty.
- Students should avail themselves of leave only with the prior sanction of the Head of the Department concerned. When leave is availed for unforeseen causes, the applications will be considered only on production of Medical Certificate. The applicant should produce evidence for the unforeseen cause. In the case of serious illness or infectious diseases, students should report to the Deputy Warden concerned for necessary action.
Rules & Regulations
- Ragging in any form is not permitted and those who indulge in ragging will be expelled from the institution.
- No female guest will be entertained in the Men's hostel and no male guest entertained in the women's hostel.
- Students should not waste food in the mess.
- Students seeking admission to the hostel have to bring their own lock, bulb, plate and tumbler.
- Cleanliness in the mess and in the living area has to be maintained.
- Students are not allowed to carry the mess utensils or furniture to the living area, disturb the furniture arrangement in the dining halls or cause any damage to the institute property.
- Playing cards or any other form of gambling is strictly prohibited in the hostel premises.
- Students are not permitted to encourage any day scholar / guest to stay with them without the permission of the warden / deputy warden.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited.
- Normally students living in the hostel only are permitted to become regular mess members.
- The hostel deposit paid at the time of admission to the hostel will be refunded only after completion of the course.
- Hostel deposit will not be adjusted against tuition fees or any other college dues.
- Procedure for leaving the hostel permanently.
- Whenever a student wishes to leave the hostel, he / she has to submit an application to the Warden through the Dy. Warden and Hostel Superintendent. Only after getting the approval, the student can leave the hostel.
- While leaving the hostel, the student has to hand over the furniture and electrical fittings to get a clearance certificate from the Dy. Warden.
- At the time of leaving the mess, the student has to sign the Mess Leaving Register.
- Inmates shall not order the hostel employees or interfere in their work. Misconduct of hostel employees shall be reported to the Hostel Superintendent.
- Any violent activity within the hostel and college campus will result in the expulsion of the resident concerned from the hostel.
- Unauthorised screening of any film or video or CD anywhere within the hostel premises is totally forbidden.
- Hostel facility is extended to an outstation student to pursue the study in a comfortable atmosphere. Therefore, any resident staying in the room during the working hours of the college without valid reasons will be expelled from the hostel.
- The above rules and regulations are not exhaustive. The hostel authorities are empowered to bring in new rules and regulations without any notice as and when the situation warrants.
- All the residents of the hostels are expected to know and be aware of all the rules and regulations pertaining to the hostel. Pleading ignorance of rules and regulations at any stage will not be accepted.
- The study hour in all the hostels is between 8.30 pm and 10.30 pm.
- Students leaving the hostel for holidays and other activities should get permission from the Deputy Warden in the outpass. The details of the outpass should be entered in the register kept at the college entrance gate. On return, the outpass should be handed over to the security personnel at the entrance gate.
- No day scholar will be allowed to enter the hostel premises.
- Monday-Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed